Is Stop & Shop hiring right now?
Yes! We're hiring associates in all roles to better serve our customers and provide a reliable lifeline to our communities.
What is Stop & Shop doing to ensure appropriate safety practices in stores?
Now and always, we care about our associates' health and wellbeing. We've implemented new procedures in every department of our stores and facilities designed to maintain our locations as safe places to work. We are following CDC guidelines, leveraging expert health and safety advice, and taking guidance from local departments of health to ensure appropriate safety practices. The simple goal of serving our customers' needs while working to keep our associates and customers safe is guiding each decision we make.
- We've implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitation efforts throughout the day and overnight in all locations
- We've provided guidance to associates on enhanced hand washing and hygiene protocols.
- In our stores, we have installed plexi glass at cash registers at the front end and in our pharmacies to further protect associates and customers during potentially close contact situations.
- Associates wear masks and other PPE to help keep them safe.
- We've also implemented many practices to reinforce the CDC social distancing guidelines. See the next question for more details.
How do you maintain social distancing at Stop & Shop?
We've done a lot of work to make sure our locations are following CDC guidelines related to social distancing:
- We've posted signs around our stores to remind customers of the importance of social distancing and shopping solo when possible.
- We've added tape reminders to the floor at our checkout lanes and at the pharmacies to help customers visualize 6 feet.
- When possible, cashiers are placed at every other register to create distance.
- Break rooms have been reconfigured to promote social distancing, and outside breaks (when the weather permits) are always encouraged.
Can I work for Stop & Shop if there is an enforced curfew order in my city?
Yes. Stop & Shop associates are essential employees in every state we serve. As needed, we provide written documentation so associates can travel to work.
What are you doing for Stop & Shop associates during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Associates who have been mandated to be quarantined related to COVID-19 are receiving up to 2 weeks of special paid sick leave. We've also relaxed absentee guidelines so spending time away from work because of COVID-19 will not put your job at risk. We are proud to offer morning, day, night and weekend hours, and our managers are encouraged to be flexible in scheduling and accommodate our associates who are being dealt challenges related to COVID-19 that would make a traditional work schedule difficult. Stop & Shop also has a Helping Hands care fund intended to help our associates and their families in extraordinary times of need. It helps fill a gap in the resources available to associates during the most difficult times. And as always, any associate who feels sick for any reason is told to stay home and recover.
Is there anything different about the hiring process because of the COVID-19 pandemic?
We have shortened the application process by streamlining our questions on the online application. We are also doing first-round interviews over the phone. Additionally, we are practicing social distancing by scheduling candidates a minimum of one hour apart for final interviews and on-boarding.
Are these temporary positions?
No, these are regular positions. All part-time associates receive competitive pay, paid training, flexible schedules, a company discount, paid time off and career advancement opportunities.
I have been furloughed from my normal job and might be able to go back to it at some point. Can I still apply?
Whether you are looking for a job to get you from here to there or the opportunity to start an amazing career, we have all kinds of opportunities for you to explore.
At Stop & Shop, we're committed to making our store and facilities better every day for our Associates, customers and the community. It's our secret recipe for success. It guides everything we do from the products that stock our shelves to the way we manage our stores. It helps us put the customer first, do what's right, win together and make ideas happen. As an Associate here, that's exactly what you'll help us do. You'll get to share your ideas, learn new skills and really make a difference for our customers, the community and the company. Here's what else we can offer you:
- You'll grow with us by going to training and development programs and you'll have the opportunity to move up and around.
- You'll be able to give back to our communities and help protect the environment.
- You'll participate in rewards and recognition programs.
- You'll be surrounded by people who care about your total wellness -- it's our priority.
You'll love it here. It's fast, it's fun and best of all, it's rewarding. Come see for yourself! Stop & Shop might just be the place for you.
Stop & Shop is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Stop & Shop, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please inquire at the Customer Service Desk in any store or at the corporate office.